1st Safari Day Nurseries Ltd. (1st Safari) understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner.
Collection of data and use of your personal information
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
- On our website when you make or manage a booking; register or alter your details for '1st Safari' or enter a '1st Safari' competition, request access to an event or meeting; use the 'Contact us' forms for an enquiry; request a prospectus; apply for a vacancy.
- In our Customer Services department from your correspondence.
- By telephone when speaking to a company agent.
- In any Nursery when you register your child to attend via the enrolment and/or Funding forms we ask you to complete.
Security of your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information.
Your Data and How We Use It
Childcare providers who care for children (including Funded Early Learning) must collect information about each child and their parents and/or carers.
We will share your information with the Local Authority in order to:
- claim Funded Early Learning (FEL) funding for eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds;
- check entitlement for Early Years Pupil Premium for 3 and 4 year olds;
- check entitlement for any other funding assistance your child may be entitled to.
The information we collect is also used to help monitor your child’s progress and achievements, and to identify any additional services that could support your child’s overall development and help prepare your child for school.
The lawful basis on which we use this information.
We collect and use your family’s data, under Article 6 of the Data Protection Act, in order to claim funding on your child’s behalf as part of our contract with you, and data on ethnicity, under Article 9, with your consent on the basis of self-identification.
If you choose not to share this data it will not be possible for us to claim any entitlement-based funding to support your child.
To cease funding to support your child you will need to write to the Local Authority (see Nursery Manager for contact details)
Who will have access to your information?
1. Department for Education (DfE): The Local Authority will share your family’s information with the DfE to allocate funding that is distributed to childcare providers. Information about children is used for a variety of purposes including data checking exercises, self-evaluation, and influence and improve education policy and children’s services.
2. Qualifications and Curriculum Development Agency (QCDA): All providers of education and care to children from ages 0-5 follow the standards set out in the Early Year’s Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework.
3. Public bodies responsible for the administration or auditing of public funds: The Local Authority may use your information for the prevention and detection of fraud under its duty to protect the public funds it administers. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
4. Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills (Ofsted): Ofsted uses general information about the achievement of groups of children to help make decisions about the quality of education in Early Years Settings.
5. Educational Settings your child attends: The Local Authority will share details about your funding entitlements with current and future educational settings within the local authority area that your child attends
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information in accordance with legal requirements: which typically is when your child has reached the age of 25.
Additional Data Uses
Additionally, we may use your data and personal information in the following ways:
- To continually improve your customer experience. We use the information to process bookings and payments, communicate with you about bookings, products, services and promotional offers, update our records, create and maintain your '1st Safari' account(s) and recommend products and services that might be of interest to you. We may also contact you to ask about your experience using our Nurseries and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement.
- To improve our website and/or apps, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website/apps and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To provide you with requested information or correspondence, such as a 1st Safari Directory or a response from us to an enquiry made by you.
- To send you details of your new, amended or cancelled booking or '1st Safari' account details - usually via email
- With your permission, your contact details may be used to supply information to you by telephone, email or post, about our company, and to send you occasional promotional material, such as information about special offers which we think you might find valuable. If you do not agree to receive this information, you may opt out from receiving future information at any time; see the Opting Out section of this policy.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
- We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
What are your rights?
You have rights under Data Protection law including the right to withdraw consent.
For further details about your rights, the contact details of our data protection officer and your right to make a complaint please see the Local Authority’s data protection web page.
Non-disclosure to third parties
The information and data we collect is important for 1st Safari and we would not want to share this with anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
Credit or debit card data is never viewed or disclosed to any other party.
You can usually change your browser's settings so that it will not accept cookies, although this may restrict some website functionality.
Opting Out / Data Quality / Access
We will always ask your permission before sending you electronic marketing information. This ensures you only receive information that you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive.
It is possible, if you have given us your permission to receive a type of electronic marketing communication, to alter your contact preferences at any time. You can do this by:
- Sending an email to nocontact@1stSafari.co.uk with your name, address and (if you have made a booking with us) a confirmation number and/or Site and Child Code.
- On promotional emails we always provide a link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe you from that service.
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as the Mail Preference Service, and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (2018) known as GDPR, the controller of all information collected on this website or from our physical sites is:
1st Safari Day Nurseries Ltd.
Company Reg: 5485373.
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting via DPO@1stSafari.co.uk or in writing at the address provided above.